Spring into Summer with 108 Sun SalutationsSaturday,
June 1 The Eddy on the River 16 S. Sierra St. Reno
9:30am with Heidi Michelle, Ellie , Amber Campion (from the Studio) and Rachel McIntyre (Temple Yoga)
Bring: Yoga mat, layers for warmth, water bottle & your Springtime Joy!
REGISTER ON THE SCHEDULE PAGE for June 1st
Come celebrate the season of renewal with some of our city’s finest teachers as they guide us through 108 Sun Salutations at The Eddy on the River. Spring is a time of new life, new awarenesses, new boldness and new beginnings.
Why 108? We build heat (tapas) to cleanse, detoxify and prepare our bodies for the upcoming months. 108 is a sacred number in Hinduism, Buddhism and yogic tradition.
• Sanskrit alphabet has 54 letters. Each letter has a masculine (Shiva) and feminine (Shakti) energy 54 X 2 = 108
• There are 108 beads in the mala for meditation & concentration of mantra.
• Desires. There are said to be 108 earthly desires in mortals.
• Time. It is said we have 108 feelings. 36 related to the past, 36 related to the present, and 36 related to the future.
• Astrology. There are 12 constellations and 9 arc segments. There are 12 houses and 9 planets. 12 X 9 = 108
• The diameter of the sun is 108 times the earth.
workshops & events
Back to All Events
Earlier Event: May 7Living the Yamas with Heidi Michelle