Spring into Summer with
108 Sun Salutations!
9:30am, Saturday, June 1st
at The Eddy on the River 16 S. Sierra St. Reno
Benefit for Urban Lotus Project
$10 Minimum Donation per Person
Bring: Yoga mat, layers for warmth, water bottle & your Springtime Joy!
Come celebrate the season of renewal with some of our city’s finest teachers as they guide us through 108 Sun Salutations at The Eddy on the River. Spring is a time of new life, new awareness, new boldness and new beginnings.
Why 108? We build heat (tapas) to cleanse, detoxify and prepare our bodies for the upcoming months. 108 is a sacred number in Hinduism, Buddhism and yogic tradition.
• Sanskrit alphabet has 54 letters. Each letter has a masculine (Shiva) and feminine (Shakti) energy 54 X 2 = 108
• There are 108 beads in the mala for meditation & concentration of mantra.
• Desires. There are said to be 108 earthly desires in mortals.
• Time. It is said we have 108 feelings. 36 related to the past, 36 related to the present, and 36 related to the future.
• Astrology. There are 12 constellations and 9 arc segments. There are 12 houses and 9 planets. 12 X 9 = 108
• The diameter of the sun is 108 times the earth.
workshops & events
Back to All Events