I am so happy to welcome Megan Lee Hislop back to Reno and even more excited that we are going to be teaching therapeutic acro together atMidtown Community Yoga. This workshop is part of a series of classes and workshops we are teaching together between Reno, Nevada and Asheville North Carolina this October.
This workshop in Reno will focus on different aspects of therapeutic touch and intent both on the ground and in the air.
In this workshop you can expect to:
• learn more about different approaches to the healing side of acro
• feel supported wherever you are in your practice / body
• combine aspects of l-base acro, bodywork, and partner stretching into a sequence of poses that balance the body and mind.
• engage fundamental transitions that enable smooth, therapeutic basing and flying
• learn aspects of a flow that can be utilized by bases of all sizes
• come away with skills that culminate in a part of a comprehensive therapeutic flying sequence
• have an opportunity to give, receive, discuss, and ask questions like WHY
• learn from two professional full-time bodyworkers with expertise in different fields
* no partner necessary
** You do not HAVE to attend the all levels Acropeutic prep/intro class Monday October 2nd, 7:30pm at Midtown Community Yoga in order to participate in this workshop, (as long as you have some experience with acro) but you will be missing some specific time spent with a focus on refining our therapeutic touch for acrobats.